Hi:

3/7/01 11:33:18 AM, "Phil Driscoll" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I'm a keen as you are for the PHP ISAPI module to work reliably, but before
>we start sorting out the extension modules, we need to sort out the core
>itself. For me (on my NT4/IIS4/SP6 setup), php 'straight out of the box'
>falls over with server 500 errors on the simplest of scripts - even with
>only a single request being made to the server (which may rule out the
>problem being anything to do with thread safety?).

are you trying with 4.0.4pl1? Try, please. I had the same problems with previous
versions, but since I installed 4.0.4pl1 in a development server (one week ago,
not much time...) I've had no problems, (if I only care about disabling the
directories with scripts using MSSQL .)

For example, I've tried to bash the server with the typical scripts, including the
3 examples you point in your post, from 4 clients making several requests
at a time. No problem at all. The same happened with queries against
Oracle8i.

>Perhaps we could get together a few simple and a few more complicated
>scripts and try them on a range of machines and see if we can start to make
>any conclusions.

I'm with you, heavier testing must be carried out. I have limited time, but I'll
post more results here as they come along.

>Any other thoughts?

just more testing ... if you or anybody wants me to test more scripts, just send them
to me.

Greetings,

Paco