I just used --with-mysql

AND

ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'ceresdb@localhost' (Using password:
YES)

When executing the mysql command from a bash shell.

Greg

Bug Database <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 03/07/2001 10:45:31 AM

To:   Greg Kopp/IdeaStar
cc:
Subject:  PHP 4.0 Bug #9601 Updated: MySQL connects to wrong database

ID: 9601
Updated by: cnewbill
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: MySQL related
Assigned To:
Comments:

Couple stupid questions.

1) When you compiled PHP, did you just use --with-mysql instead of
--with-mysql=/path/to/mysql?

2) Does the mysql command line tool connect? i.e. mysql -u ceres -pxxxx
ceres_test

-Chris

MySQL: 3.22.32-beta
Apache: 1.3.14

MySQL is connecting to the wrong database:

I have two databases:

ceres
ceres_test

The ceres database is the live database and the user "ceres" is granted
permissions on it.

The ceres_test database is a database that is identical, but I use for
testing purposes.

The mysql user "ceresdb" has permissions to access the "ceres" database
ONLY.

However, if I execute:

mysql_pconnect("localhost","ceresdb", "password");
mysql_select_db("ceres_test");

It actually connects to the "ceres" database instead. I should have
recieved and error that it was unable to connect.

We have verified this several ways.

Also, if I change the username/password to the root user or a user that has
permissions on ALL databases, it works fine.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at
http://bugs.php.net/?id=9601&edit=2

---
Greg Kopp
Web & New Media Developer