> I still don't understand what the problem is? What should be documented
> is the right way to use these calls.

problem 1 : how do I call the "::" operator and how do I call what it
does if it is no static call.

problem 2 : the "bug" with incorrect $this I mentioned, it is at least
unexcpected and should be documented (that you can't rely on $this using
"::" ) but since no one likes undefined behaviour it would be fine to
see it fixed - my opinion is that using "::" $this should never be set
to anything...

> PEAR relies on the $this being correct even when you call a method which
> is not in the current class or in one of its parent classes?

no, it simply uses "::" that is an undocumented feature

> Where can I see the documentation? (Any chance you can send it here to
> save me the time? :).
> We just need to be sure we don't document things which aren't
> necessarily supposed to work.

http://toye.php.net/~andre/html/keyword.newref.html

andré

--
· André Langhorst        t: +49 331 5811560 ·
· [EMAIL PROTECTED]          m: +49 173 9558736 ·