ID: 8507
Updated by: sniper
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: MySQL related
Assigned To:
Comments:

No feedback. Old PHP version.

I assume that mysqld is running?
Try reconfigure php to use the installed mysql instead
of the bundled client library.

1. Delete config.cache
2. Use --with-mysql=/path/to/mysql/install/dir
3. 'make clean ; make depend ; make ; make install'

Please report back whether this works for you or not.

--Jani

I own a Cobalt Raq4 preinstalled with PHP Version 4.0.1pl2 and Chilisoft ASP.
Chilisoft ASP will only work with Mysql 3.22.32. I am unable to connect to my
databases using PHP 4.0.1 in MySQL 3.22.32.   phpinfo(); returns Mysql Client API
version 3.23.10-alpha. The script I am using is as follows

<?php
     //connect

         $connection = mysql_connect("localhost","user","password")
         or die ("Couldn't connect to server.");

     //select db

         $db = mysql_select_db("database", $connection) or die("Couldn't select
database.");

     //create sql statement

         $sql = "SELECT * (tablename)";

     //execute sql query and get results
         $sql_result = mysql_query($sql) or die("Couldn't execute query.");

     //results

    //format results by row

         while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($sql_result)) {
           $id = $row["id"];    //for every field copy this line and make it for that
row.

                  echo "the contents you want displayed";
                  echo "the contents you want displayed";

     }

 //close connection
     mysql_free_result($sql_result);
     mysql_close($connection);
 ?>

I have filled in all of the correct parameters and I got the following message. The
script is cut from the page and the error message line matches up with the actual
page.

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
               '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/sites/site2/web/info.php on line 5
                                Couldn't connect to server.

Is this a bug or is there a way to make PHP  4.0.1pl2 connect to Mysql 3.22.32.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=8507&edit=2