ID: 9728
User Update by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ok, that worked !!

it was php.ini the problem, switching the register_gloabals to ON ..

thanks a lot Jani :))))

i'll try to explore all the PHP 'man' pages (when i'll have enough time..) ;)

regards,

José whos really happy now and will compile the apache server again ;)

Works for me just fine. Does it print any error messages
for you? Is the register_globals directive set "on" in php.ini?

Try changing the $test to $HTTP_POST_VARS['test'] to
test if it's the register_globals setting..

--Jani

OK thanks Jani but that doesnt work at all....
This is my configure line:
PHP:
./configure --with-apache=../apache(version) --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
--with-pdflib --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/lib --with-bcmath --enable-track-vars
make; make install

APACHE:
./configure --prefix=/home/apache --activate-module=src/modules/php4/lib...a
make; make install

The script is:
<?
?>
<form action=self.php method=post>
Test:<input type=text name=test>
<input type=submit>
</form>

With PERL All is ok under cgi-bin folder:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
print "Content-type: text/plainnn";
print "<body bgcolor=white>n";
print "Test=$test<br>";
print "<form.....</form>n";

and that works....

This is under a DELL PowerEdge Server RedHAT 7.0
Apache 1.3.14, PHP the latest snapshot...

At home i have no problems... and never had... with PHP :-(
I have at home a Duron 750 with Apache 1.3.14 too and PHP 4.0.2 ... Any Ideas ? thanks
! :)

regards ,

José PLANS Whos having a GREAT Headache......

Did you compile PHP yourself? Or did you install it
from RPM? If latter, there is (somewhere) an updated
PHP rpm in the RedHat FTP sites. (ftp://updates.redhat.com/
perhaps?)

And if you did compile it from sources yourself,
get the latest CVS snapshot from http://snaps.php.net/
as this should be fixed.

If none of this helps, reopen this bug report and include
a shortest possible example script which can be used to reproduce this problem.

--Jani

Hi there,

I'm in trouble with the new RedHat release... too many bugs, and I havent a clue of
..... i know this is too "space"... but Why I cant post any data through the POST
method or GET one ???

My config is RedHAT 7.0, apache 1.3.14 , PHP 4.0.4pl1, ...

With PERL i have no problems posting data..... so its PHP who doesnt know how to do it
I have to say I have installed PHP succesfully about a hundred of times under RedHAT
6.X ..... so is it 7.0 the problem ???

many thanks!!!
regards,

José PLANS who begins with the famous RedHAT 7.0 bugs....... :>:-(