Updated by: sniper
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Apache related
Assigned To:
Comments:

Another happy customer. :)

--Jani

Ok, that worked !!

it was php.ini the problem, switching the register_gloabals to ON ..

thanks a lot Jani :))))

i'll try to explore all the PHP 'man' pages (when i'll have enough time..) ;)

regards,

José whos really happy now and will compile the apache server again ;)

Works for me just fine. Does it print any error messages
for you? Is the register_globals directive set "on" in php.ini?

Try changing the $test to $HTTP_POST_VARS['test'] to
test if it's the register_globals setting..

--Jani

OK thanks Jani but that doesnt work at all....
This is my configure line:
PHP:
./configure --with-apache=../apache(version) --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
--with-pdflib --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/lib --with-bcmath --enable-track-vars
make; make install

APACHE:
./configure --prefix=/home/apache --activate-module=src/modules/php4/lib...a
make; make install

The script is:
<?
?>
<form action=self.php method=post>
Test:<input type=text name=test>
<input type=submit>
</form>

With PERL All is ok under cgi-bin folder:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
print "Content-type: text/plainnn";
print "<body bgcolor=white>n";
print "Test=$test<br>";
print "<form.....</form>n";

and that works....

This is under a DELL PowerEdge Server RedHAT 7.0
Apache 1.3.14, PHP the latest snapshot...

At home i have no problems... and never had... with PHP :-(
I have at home a Duron 750 with Apache 1.3.14 too and PHP 4.0.2 ... Any Ideas ? thanks
! :)

regards ,

José PLANS Whos having a GREAT Headache......

Did you compile PHP yourself? Or did you install it
from RPM? If latter, there is (somewhere) an updated
PHP rpm in the RedHat FTP sites. (ftp://updates.redhat.com/
perhaps?)

And if you did compile it from sources yourself,
get the latest CVS snapshot from http://snaps.php.net/
as this should be fixed.

If none of this helps, reopen this bug report and include
a shortest possible example script which can be used to reproduce this problem.

--Jani

Hi there,

I'm in trouble with the new RedHat release... too many bugs, and I havent a clue of
..... i know this is too "space"... but Why I cant post any data through the POST
method or GET one ???

My config is RedHAT 7.0, apache 1.3.14 , PHP 4.0.4pl1, ...

With PERL i have no problems posting data..... so its PHP who doesnt know how to do it
I have to say I have installed PHP succesfully about a hundred of times under RedHAT
6.X ..... so is it 7.0 the problem ???

many thanks!!!
regards,

José PLANS who begins with the famous RedHAT 7.0 bugs....... :>:-(

The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.  To view the rest of the
comments, please view the bug report online.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=9728&edit=2