On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

>PEAR will be separate at some point, but let's not go overboard here.  The
>midgard stuff adds a total of 76K to the tar.gz file.  Big deal.

I was talking in general, not only midgard. The pear stuff takes
a lot more than 76k..and this has been pushed further and further into
the future EVERY time it's talked about. So why not make it a separate
(pear) module in CVS now? It isn't something that HAS to be in, or is it?
And if we continue distributing it with PHP we never get PEAR to be
what it should be. If the answer still is "at some point", why not add
the php-gtk to the PHP distribution too? :) (I don't want that to happen..)

--Jani