BM>> > but I may be wrong on the level of indirection.
BM>> > The zval cannot automagically be put in a %s and treated as a string, you
BM>> > should manually extract the pointer to the actual string.
BM>>
BM>> even though i did convert_to_string_ex(tmpString) ?

The convert_to_string_ex makes tmpString to be sting zval (otherwise you
better not access the str.val part at all - there could be a pile of
thrash there). That doesn't make tmpString a C string, however - it's
still a zval.

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Zend Products Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.zend.com/ +972-3-6139665 ext.115