ID: 10132
User Update by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I've been poking around the source code trying to find a soltion to this, and I'm not
sure but think I may have found it.  As previously said I'm on MySQL 3.22.23:

>From php_mysql.c line 83:

#if MYSQL_VERSION_ID < 32224
#define PHP_MYSQL_VALID_RESULT(mysql)           \
        (mysql_num_fields(mysql)>0)
#else
#define PHP_MYSQL_VALID_RESULT(mysql)           \
        (mysql_field_count(mysql)>0)
#endif

>From the MySQL manual 'Upgrading from 3.22 to 3.23':

mysql_num_fields() can no longer be used on a MYSQL* object (it's now a function that
takes MYSQL_RES* as an argument. You should now use mysql_field_count() instead.

My guess based on this is that the 32224 should be changed to 32223 (I have located at
least one other individual experiencing the same problem with the same version of
mysql).

I'm getting the following error message when I execute a query (such as an insert)
that doesn't produce any results:

Warning: MySQL: Unable to save result set in
/home/web/demo/panet/public/reg_emp_add.php3 on line 45

I have my php error showing level set at '5' in php3.ini, so no warnings should be
shown at all anyway.

I configured php with the following command:

./configure --with-mysql=/usr --with-apxs --with-gd --enable-sockets --with-zlib
--with-gnu-ld --enable-memory-limit

MySQL is version 3.23.33 and was installed from an RPM
packed by the MySQL development team.