ID: 10195
Updated by: sniper
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: OpenSSL related
Assigned To:
Comments:

Closed. (that error can be get rid of by recompiling the Java extension from the
latest sources too)

--Jani

I've downloaded the latest tar :-

  php4-200104091745

I no longer have the build error and https with PHP activated and curl option
specified now works. No more segmentation fault in the Apache error_log file.

This is wonderful.

When starting up Apache I have the following error is this something to worry about :-

PHP Warning:  java: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with debug=0, thread-safety=0 module API=20000809
PHP compiled with debug=0, thread-safety=0 module API=20001222
These options need to match
 in Unknown on line 0

I tried building with the lastest build as suggested by you and the build errored when
it came to making sapi/cgi.

I compared the MakeFile in the sapi directory between php 4.02 and the latest and they
are different with the lastest one making reference to CGI in several places.

Also 4.02 has a Makefile in sapi/cgi whereas the latest doesn't.

Also what version of curl are you using I'm using 7.7.1.

Works for me just fine with latest RC of PHP 4.0.5 and latest CVS. And I have the same
versions of openssl and mod_ssl and I have Curl enabled.

Please try the latest snapshot: http://snaps.php.net/

--Jani

Latest information. If I remove with-curl out from the configuration and rebuild PHP
the problem no longer appears.

I need the curl functionality to use https within the PHP script to another secure web
server.

I am running Apache 3.1.19 with mod_ssl-2.8.2-1.3.19 and OpenSSl-0.9.6 for SSL
functionality.

Using https from my Internet Explorer 5.0 browser causes the requested web page to be
returned after a very long wait, .eg more than 20 minutes maybe longer. Subsequent
retrieval takes as long too.

If I have PHP disabled by removing the LoadModule and AddModule directive https works
immediately however when I reinstate the PHP modules I would experience the problem
again.

Other scenario :-

  1. retrieved a https page with my browser without PHP    (response received
immediately)
  2. modify httpd.conf to enable PHP
  3. restarts Apache
  4. starts a *NEW* browser to retrieve https(waits very long)
  5. using the same browser session in step 1 to retrieve
     again using https(response received immediately)

Also noticed in the Apache errors_log file the following error :-

[Fri    Apr     6       11:46:30        2001]   [notice]        child   pid     2654
 exit    signal  Segmentation    fault   (11)
[Fri    Apr     6       11:46:36        2001]   [notice]        child   pid     2668
 exit    signal  Segmentation    fault   (11)
[Fri    Apr     6       11:46:36        2001]   [notice]        child   pid     2667
 exit    signal  Segmentation    fault   (11)

This is how I configure PHP :-

./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
--with-config-file-path=/etc/php
--with-mysql=/usr
--with-java=/usr/java/jdk1.3
--with-ldap
--with-imap
--with-curl
--with-gd
--enable-versioning

The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.  To view the rest of the
comments, please view the bug report online.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=10195&edit=2