ID: 9615
Updated by: sniper
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Apache related
Assigned To:
Comments:

No feedback. If this happens also with soon to be released PHP 4.0.5, reopen this bug
report.

--Jani

This should be fixed in CVS now. Please try the latest CVS
snapshot from http://snaps.php.net/

--Jani

Using apache-1.3.19 with mysql and so module configured with no errors.
Configure;make;make install (ed) php with no errors using:
./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql-3.23.33-pc-linux-gnu-i686/
--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache_1.3.19/bin/apxs

On starting apachectl I get the following error:
"Syntax error on line 205 of /usr/local/apache_1.3.19/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache_1.3.19/libexeclibphp4.so into server: undefined symbol:
uncompress"

Line 205 of httpd.conf is simply the LoadModule line that reads:
"LoadModule php4_module        libexec/libphp4.so"

I read that it was suggested on one bug report to add to the LIBS1 line in Makefile so
mine now reads:
"LIBS1=  -lpthread -lm -lcrypt -ldl"
I performed: "make clean;make;make install: and the same error occurs.

I am just in the process of setting up this server. PHP was the third app installed.
The first was mysql and apache was the second. I did a custom install with the
following components selected:
XWindows, GNOME, Mail-WWW-News Tools, DOS|Windows Connectivity, Graphics, Games,
Multimedia, Networked Workstation, Anonymous FTP server, Authoring/Publishing,
Developement Tools, and Utilities.

The machine is an 800MHz with 256 RAM. Plenty of partition space as well as swap space
too.

Thanks for any help.

JR

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!