["Jason Greene" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>]
> Hi Stig,
> > I changed this to /usr/local/lib/php/<APISPEC> in the patch Sascha
> > reverted, but I'll put that part back.  The APISPEC part should
> > definitely be included, or we'll have a boatload of mails asking why
> > to skip it (Mandrake cooker does at least), that's up to them.
> >
> > Anyway, the APISPEC will be shortened from "20001222-no-debug-non-zts"
> > to just "20001222", and the "extensions" part of the path is skipped.
> > The PEAR stuff is moved to /usr/local/share/php.  Both of these paths
> > can be set with the --datadir and --libdir configure options.
> >
> > I try to put it back in tomorrow.
>
> Ok, sounds good.
> What do you think of the possibility of autobuilding a php.ini file
> with extensions installed, similar to apache. If one already exists,
> it could install under a different name?

Adding extension directives to php.in could be done by the PEAR
installer if you install a package with extension files.  Maybe it
should add new extensions commented out by default, or it could be a
config option.  I'll think about it.

 - Stig

--
  Stig Sæther Bakken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Fast Search & Transfer ASA, Trondheim, Norway