ID: 8440
Updated by: david
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: HTTP related
PHP Version: 4.0.4pl1
Assigned To:
Comments:

I don't believe it has happened since the Apache MaxRequestsPerChild was reduced. I
shall suspend this until I have a chance to test more thoroughly.

Any example scripts? Works just fine for me with latest CVS.

--Jani

It's nothing to do with redirects, no. It doesn't return a redirect response.

The reason might be that fopen()  doesn't handle redirects. I hope
to add redirect support again though. To check if this is the reason,
check the contents of $http_response_header right after the
fopen() call and see if it contains a redirect.

fopen("http://my-url/","r";) - Success

is the error returned. Attempting to use the filehandle return gives "is not a valid
FileHandle resource", of course.

A "lynx -dump" from the server at the same time the error occurs shows that the url is
fine and the connection to that web server is also fine.

Doesn't happen all the time, on every execution, but when it does happen is
disastrous, any ideas? thanks.

PHP Version 4.0.3pl1

System          Linux shell.eshirt.net 2.2.14 #3 SMP Sat Jan 8 23:22:14 EST 2000 i686
unknown
Build Date      Oct 23 2000
Configure Command
                       './configure' '--with-mysql' '--disable-debug'
'--with-apxs=/www/bin/apxs'
                       '--with-config-file-path=/www/conf' '--enable-track-vars'
'--with-gd=../gd-1.7.3'
                       '--with-ttf' '--enable-rule=EAPI' '--enable-versioning'
'--with-swf=../dist'
 Server API    Apache

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=8440&edit=2