There doesn't seem to be any way for a php script to determine whether a
given key exists in an array. isset($arr['x']) fails when it exists but
has a null value. I know there are ways around it like using foreach or
array_keys but these don't seem very efficient.

I would like to add a function key_exists, with the following proto:

bool key_exists(array search, string key)

Please let me know if this is inappropriate or I have missed something
obvious, otherwise I shall add this tomorrow. Thanks,

David.

--

David Croft
Infotrek