From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: FreeBSD 4.3
PHP version:      4.0.5
PHP Bug Type:     PCRE related
Bug description:  ereg "-" problem only on 4.05 - critical!

After updating from 4.04x to 4.05 i noticed a problem with regular expressions.

regular expression:

0-9a-zA-Z[:space:]\-\@\&\=\?\_\+\/\:\.\;

should normally find this:
http://p.moreover.com/cgi-local/page?index_humanrights+rss

using ereg(i) command - but no chance.

If I delete this: "-" (cgi-local to cgilocal) it works.

The regular expression worked with 4.04x and since updating it does not work any
longer.

I think its a "critical" bug.

Interesting is that I have only probs with "-", but it seems to be that there are some
more problems with another regular expression I had no time to analyze yet.

--
Edit Bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=10741&edit=1