ID: 9836
Updated by: sniper
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Scripting Engine problem
Operating system:
PHP Version: 4.0.4pl1
Assigned To:
Comments:

No feedback. If problem exists with PHP 4.0.5, reopen.

Does this happen with latest CVS from http://snaps.php.net/ ?

--Jani

With that limited information you gave in the first
comments I couldn't know that.

Ok, so it doesn't crash? Just stops?
Computer generated scripts? How big?
And what do they do?

Could you check that it doesn't crash, ie. run the php
script which 'ends' within gdb:

# gdb php
(gdb) run -f thisscriptendstoosoon.php

--Jani

I know of time limit, smart guy.

But I don't have it set to 1 sec -- that is approximately the time in which php
terminates.

(I hope you mark this problem as closed now -- THAT YOU'VE SOLVED IT).

Damn.

RTFM:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.set-time-limit.php

we have some long computer generated scripts on our system. when we run such a long
script, php suddenly ends without producing any output and reports exit status 1.

I think php exits while parsing the script.

(I can provide an example of such script on demand)

The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.  To view the rest of the
comments, please view the bug report online.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=9836&edit=2