At 13:27 10/5/2001, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>On Thu, 10 May 2001, Wez Furlong wrote:
>
> > It's a notice for now; we can ramp up to a warning in 4.1 and nuke it in
> > 4.2.
>
>I think takes too long then. 4.1 is not due for atleast 3-6 monthes I
>guess and 4.2 will take probably more than a year. I'd say, make it a
>warning in 4.0.8 and nuke it in 4.0.10 (or 4.1).

What does that mean that it takes 'too long', though.  Too long for
what?  I don't see any strong reason to nuke it at all, definitely not in
the near future.
Remember people, there are millions of users out there who don't appreciate
us at all for every downwards-compatibility break that we make, and for a
good reason.

Zeev