"Sterling Hughes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Howdy all,
>      I've been going through the call_user_*() functions in
> basic_functions.c and just a couple of notes/things I found odd.
>
>    1) With a aforementioned bug, thies was right, the following code
>    fails, but it shouldn't:
>
>    <?php
>    function get_reference_as_arg(&$param)
>    {
>        var_dump($param);
>    }
>
>    $name  = "get_reference_as_arg";
>    $param1 = array(1, 2);
>
>    call_user_func($name, $param1);
>    ?>
>
>    Fails.
>
>    Whereas, replacing the call_user_func above with the following:
>
>    call_user_func($name, array($param1));

Well, I thought that the function call_user_func_array() is supposed to be
called this way. What good is it anyway? I suggest 'call_user_func_array'
should
be removed as it is not needed and also doesn't work with user functions
that
expect arguments by reference.

This script fails:

<?php
function get_reference_as_arg(&$param)
{
   var_dump($param);
}

$name  = "get_reference_as_arg";
$param1 = array(1, 2);

call_user_func_array($name, array($param1));
?>

Regards,
Stefan Livieratos