On 23 May 2001 09:58:18 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Andi Gutmans) wrote:

>At 12:23 PM 5/23/2001 +0200, Christian Stocker wrote:
>>In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Andi
>>Gutmans" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > Guys,
>> >
>> > I'd like to roll 4.0.6RC2 this evening (my evening which is in like 12
>> > hours) as I mentioned a couple of days ago. I think we can also send it
>> > with a "good" explanation of what it is and what it isn't to
>> > php-general@ and get some more testing done and hopefully release 4.0.6
>> > ASAP.
>>
>>it doesn't look like domxml was reverted to the "old" behaviour.....
>
>Yeah but Colin said it works fine. Are you sure we should revert?
>I really want to get 4.0.6 out of the door and roll RC2 today.
>I have no clue about the DOM XML module and am not sure what we should do.
>There have always been problems with it.

but as I said in the thread "issues about domxml in 4.0.6" it's still
almost impossible to write "cross-version" code with domxml which
works in 4.0.5 and 4.0.6, just because for example the children()
funcion returns a different array in the two versions. and i think,
this is very nasty...
I'm not sure anymore about the segfaults with the old syntax (eg
domxml_children()), but as they are still in the documantation, i
think a lot of people use them, as well.

chregu