ID: 10954
User Update by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I've just find out the problem.

The pass variable in connect.inc.php was not the one I use for ODBCCONNECT.

Client access don't comply about that, just hang the process.

It was working soetimes because when you connect for other reason (emulation, file
transfert, other ODBC) the username and password are kept in cache.

It's work now

Thanks a lot for your help

any chance you can watch the network traffic to see whats happening?

Hello

Any other program (like access or excel) could read and write data to AS/400 via ODBC.

I've install MDAC 2.6 but it don't change anything.

Where else could i look?

the error you reported (08S01) stands for communication link failure.  basically it
means the communication link between the driver (your windows ODBC <b>NOT</b> PHP) and
the data source was interupted before the link could be fully connected.

can anything else on your machine connect to the as/400?

what about via odbc?  i'm guessing not.

one suggestion is to update to the latest MDAC (2.6??) from Microsoft.  it may not fix
your problem, but it's worth a try.

One more thing

On processus manager I see a process named php wich never end whereas when I don't use
ODBC, the php process only exist for a moment.

Is there some information to provide to the ODBC driver?

Ok

I've just upgrade to apache 1.3.20

It's seems to work a moment but I have some error message like the one
attached.

I reboot the computer two or three time and I have the same problem.

My script seems to work but It stop on the pconnect instruction.

I have tested ODBC link with access and he's OK.

I've try to use both apache module and cgi binary but it the same.

The problem is on the PC because I've try with several As/400 (old and new)
and it's the same folks.

The more surprising is that when I desinstall everything and reinstall from
scratch, it works for a while.

What tools can i use to see what is really happen?

Hello

I have it working but on the first or second connection, i've got:
Warning: SQL error: [IBM][Pilote ODBC Client Access Express (32 bits)][SQL
DB2/400]Echec de
liaison. Comm RC=8405 - CWB0986 - Programme système ARIAS interrompu de manière
inattendue, SQL state 08S01 in SQLConnect in c:program filesapache
groupapachehtdocsbessonmagstart.inc.php on line 16
Problème ODBC

Hope this will help

The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.  To view the rest of the
comments, please view the bug report online.

Full Bug description available at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=10954