ID: 11374
User Update by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi,

I've tried to get sessions working with version 4.0.1pl2 and version 4.0.5. What is
the chance it will work with this release candidate? Isn't there another way to verify
this problem? Can you change the description of this bug?

This works for me just fine with PHP 4.0.6RC3.
Could you please try it? You can find it here:

http://www.php.net/~andi/php-4.0.6RC3.tar.gz

--Jani

It isn't the browser that causes this behaviour, it's the protocol. When a php script
that uses sessions is requested using HTTP/1.0, created session files are empty. When
the same script is requested using HTTP/1.1 everything works fine.

Sample url: http://www.hi-technet.com/php/count_me.php
Sample code:

<?
session_start();

echo session_id();

if(!isset($count)) {
  session_register("count");
  $count = 1;
}
else {
  $count++;
}

echo "<p>You've been here $count times.  Thanks!</p>";

?>

And where does IE write them? What do you mean by 'empty session files'? As PHP is
server-side, it's a bit impossible
to be browser that causes this behaviour.

Do you have any short example code of this?

--Jani

Browsers other then IE write empty session files to /tmp.
Used software: APACHE 1.3.20 / PHP 4.0.5 on FreeBSD 3.0-RELEASE #5

Configure command:
'./configure' '--with-mysql=/usr/local' '--with-apache=../apache_1.3.20'
'--enable-track-vars' '--enable-ftp'

Default php.ini file used.

Problem also existed in older version APACHE 1.3.6 / PHP 4.0.1pl2 on FreeBSD
3.0-RELEASE #5