>     maybe have another 'Using CFLAGS="-I.."' line in the output -or-
>     just say 'Adding to CFLAGS="blabla"' when it happens.
>
>     haven't really thought about that;-) - we could even have one
>     'Using CFLAGS=""' whenever we enter a directory?

    Well, that might make it harder to extract the right
    information from users who experience difficulties as the
    info might not be associated directly with the executed
    commands.  E.g., when we print the CFLAGS upon entering a
    directory, output will be interleaved with the settings from
    other directories when we recursively walk through the
    sub-directories.

    - Sascha                                     Experience IRCG
      http://schumann.cx/                http://schumann.cx/ircg