Hi,

I've rewritten the pow(base,exp) function. It is attached.

In stead of a mere call to the c-lib function pow, this one actually does
something more smart. This is to protect those people not knowing that there
is huge difference between raising to an integer power and raising to a
fractional power. It will give sensible errors rather than bogus results.

It will also return integer when possible, i.e. pow(5,5) will return the
INTEGER 3125.

Read the new function for more info, it's richly commented, and for any
questions: just mail me.

IMPORTANT: I didn't test it yet, I'm not even sure there are no compile
errors.
(My linux machine doesn't have libtool 1.4 :-(( )

Greetz,
Jeroen

new_pow_func.c