> And try to use ZEND_NUM_ARGS() wherever possible. Like here:
>
>     zend_get_parameters_ex(ZEND_NUM_ARGS(),&zbase,&zexp);

I'm fairly new to C, and surely new to the php-implementation, so I took
this from many, many other functions, where it was done that way... I
haven't noticed any function doing it like that :-)

But sure, I'll keep it in mind. Though this is faster. And pow isn't likely
to change it's number of parameters :).