ID: 10324
User Update by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old-Status: Closed
Status: Open
Old-Bug Type: mcrypt related
Bug Type: Reproducible crash
Operating system: Linux PPC (yellow dog 1.2) and Redhat 6.8 x86
PHP Version: 4.0.6
Description: reproducable seg fault during generic script exec with pgsql and mcrypt

Here's the link to a script that exhibits this problem 100% of the time on my 
PPC/YellowDog server as well as a production machine at 

I've tried this under several version of php (including the current 4.0.6) as well as 
with every available release of libmcrypt (2.4.7-2.4.15) all without effect.  Given 
that I have the same problem on a production webserver at phpwebhosting as I do on my 
own homemade PPC linux box I'm guessing this is real problem...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...


Previous Comments:

[2001-07-03 11:28:04] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Here's an example:

If encrypt the string "Reed, Phyllis" with the key "70094cc48e1a23bf6fec60c2db6e4b71" 
using blowfish in CBC mode mycrypt will seg fault.  However, if I change the string to 
"Reed,Phyllis" (no space) everything's fine.  Removing a chacter from the end (""Reed, 
Phylli") doesn't fix the problem though, so it's apparently not length related.

Very strange indeed...


[2001-07-03 10:48:42] [EMAIL PROTECTED]


This still seems to be a problem in 4.0.6.  I'm pretty sure that it is caused by 
specific strings being passed into mycrypt, however, I'm not sure what string 
characteristics cause the problem.  



[2001-05-27 19:27:02] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Should be fixed in CVS now. Fix will be in PHP 4.0.6.
If this happens with it too, reopen this bug report.



[2001-04-14 09:54:47] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

here's the back trace (again without db symbols) of the crash when it happens after my 
script has completed execution:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0xfe21138 in chunk_free (ar_ptr=0xfebb380, p=0x101f03d8) at malloc.c:3111
3111    malloc.c: No such file or directory.
(gdb) bt
#0  0xfe21138 in chunk_free (ar_ptr=0xfebb380, p=0x101f03d8) at malloc.c:3111
#1  0xfe20fb0 in __libc_free (mem=0xfebb380) at malloc.c:3023
#2  0xf01121c in ?? () from /etc/apache/libexec/
#3  0x0 in ?? ()


[2001-04-14 09:46:01] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I've rebuilt php with --enable-debug on (rm config.cache & cleaned the build dirs), 
but the db symbols still don't appear in the back trace.  I am using the standard 
build environment that ships with yellodog/rh 6.2 (gnu), so I am not sure why this 
isn't working as expected.


The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.
To view the rest of the comments, please
view the bug report online.

Full Bug description available at:

PHP Development Mailing List <>
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To contact the list administrators, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to