ID: 10324
User Update by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sorry,

I was wrong about the exact string that causes the problem I mentioned yesterday... I
remembered that I'm actually URL encoding the data prior to encrypting it so the
string is really "Reed%2C+Phyllis". The key is still
"70094cc48e1a23bf6fec60c2db6e4b71"...

Take care,
kpw

Assigning to myself

Here's the link to a script that exhibits this problem 100% of the time on my
PPC/YellowDog server as well as a production machine at phpwebhosting.com:

http://www.jump9.com/_testcrypt.txt

I've tried this under several version of php (including the current 4.0.6) as well as
with every available release of libmcrypt (2.4.7-2.4.15) all without effect.  Given
that I have the same problem on a production webserver at phpwebhosting as I do on my
own homemade PPC linux box I'm guessing this is real problem...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

kpw

Here's an example:

If encrypt the string "Reed, Phyllis" with the key "70094cc48e1a23bf6fec60c2db6e4b71"
using blowfish in CBC mode mycrypt will seg fault.  However, if I change the string to
"Reed,Phyllis" (no space) everything's fine.  Removing a chacter from the end (""Reed,
Phylli") doesn't fix the problem though, so it's apparently not length related.

Very strange indeed...
kpw

Hi,

This still seems to be a problem in 4.0.6.  I'm pretty sure that it is caused by
specific strings being passed into mycrypt, however, I'm not sure what string
characteristics cause the problem.

kpw

Should be fixed in CVS now. Fix will be in PHP 4.0.6.
If this happens with it too, reopen this bug report.

--Jani

The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.
To view the rest of the comments, please
view the bug report online.

Full Bug description available at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=10324