Well, the mystery is solved. I was --with-php=/usr/local which is where my package
manager symlinks my installs to. Instead, once I compiled php with the absolute
prefix of aspell, with pspell installed in the same prefix, things seem to be working
fine.

So now I'm working on some scripts and functions for a spellchecker. The API is perfect
for it, and I wonder why I don't see any finished versions out there.. Are you working
on one Vlad? I was really shocked by the lack of quality free spellchecking
applications for forms. In fact, every one I found was expensive and seems unnecessary
complicated to implement.

Thanks for your help Vlad!
-lindsey

Vlad Krupin in message Re: [PHP-DEV] PSPELL with PHP (Tue, 07/03 15:18):