ID: 12095
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: MSSQL related
Operating System: Win2k Pro SP2
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

The initial call was OK. A second call after the first had finished was also fine. A
third call after the second had finished resulted in:

PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 0109B434
Warning:  MS SQL:  Link to server lost, unable to reconnect in [filename deleted] on
line 18

The line in question is the mssql_pconnect. A 4th call resulted in the same.

5th: fine.

6th: PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 73342F43

7: fine

8: PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 73342F43

9:
Warning: MS SQL: Link to server lost, unable to reconnect in [filename deleted] on
line 18
couldn't connect to db ()

(the couldn't connect to db () line is an error trap in the script, the bracket is
supposed to contain mssql_get_last_message)

10:
Warning: MS SQL error: Invalid parameter in DB-LIBRARY function reference. (severity
11) in [2nd filename deleted] on line 12
Warning: MS SQL: Unable to set query in [2nd filename deleted] on line 12

This line in question is a query called after pconnect'ing. The warning repeats for
every query on the page.

11: PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 733251C0
12: PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 73342F43
13: PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 73342F43
14: Fine
15: PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 73342F43
16: PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 73342F43
17: PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 73342F43

It occasionally switched between fine, violation at 73342F43 and violation at 0109B434
(seen on call number 3).

I was unable to get it to lock the web service again.

Firstly, I realise there are previous bug reports regarding this topic but I wasn't
sure if I (a normal user) could re-open them manually. So I'll start a new topic.

I submitted what I thought was a bug earlier about PHPCGI pconns not remaining
persistent. Well after again attempting to move to ISAPI I encountered access
violations similar to the ones described in bug #8755.

Running my scripts (which use mssql_pconnect) it would, seemingly, chose from an error
at random from:

- An access violation
- A warning regarding something like DB-LIBRARY

After a while the script would no longer work. Something strange though is the fact
that after a while I can access a script on the server which only outputs phpinfo()
BUT I cannot access the script running the db calls in question.

Attempting to restart w3svc fails, it waits and waits like windows usually does :) and
after a while fails to respond. Successive calls to net stop w3svc result in "The
service could not be controlled in its present state." (even though its still
responding to phpinfo.php).

I'm currently in this state as I write, I'll reboot and attempt to get the exact error
messages.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=12095&edit=1