Hi,

If I build the dbx module I get the following error:

dbx.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_zend_assign_to_variable_reference
..\..\Release_TS/php_dbx.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

This is with a clean checkout of php4, zend and tsrm on a windows box.
I noticed that the zend_assign_to_variable_reference implementation has
changed between the 4.0.6 and the current cvs.

4.0.6 zend_execute.h:

static inline void zend_assign_to_variable_reference(znode *result, zval
**variable_ptr_ptr, zval **value_ptr_ptr, temp_variable *Ts ELS_DC) {
}

4.0.7-dev cvs  zend_execute.h:

void zend_assign_to_variable_reference(znode *result, zval
**variable_ptr_ptr, zval **value_ptr_ptr, temp_variable *Ts ELS_DC);
(implemented in zend_execute.c)

If I change the new code to

ZEND_API void zend_assign_to_variable_reference(znode *result, zval
**variable_ptr_ptr, zval **value_ptr_ptr, temp_variable *Ts ELS_DC);

everything builds correctly, again.
I'm not sure if this has any side-effect, so if someone could look it over
and commit this patch (or something similar), I'd be happy.

Cheerio, Marc.