ID: 12323
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Output Control
Operating System: Mac OS X
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

I received an email stating that it could not be reproduced
on a  RH Linux 7 machine.  This problem is specific to Mac
OS X client, so I'm sure that you were unable to reproduce
it on your box.

Either way, this is definately happening and is not "bogus"
as you said.

unable to reproduce on RH Linux 7.

This sounds very bogus.

Okay it would happen on more than one liners.

basically if you have a ?> on the same line as the // comment it will do this.

I know there is some other bugs on this same problem, but I don't have the numbers
handy.

-Chris

The only situation I can think of where this would happen is

<?php // print "stuff"; ?>

i.e. one liners

If this is your case this is expected behavior IIRC.  Otherwsie submit a small script
that reproduces the problem.

-Chris

When I use the "//" as the comment, the text behind the tag
is displayed out to the user.  I can replace it with a "/*"
and put a "*/" at the end to make it work.  But I was
hoping I had missed some compile option or something that
is causing this to not work.

To make the installs on my G3 PowerMac Laptop, I have used
the instructions found at: http://www.devshed.com/
Server_Side/Administration/BuildingOnOSX/

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Lael