ID: 12335
Updated by: andy
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Mail related
Operating System: Sun Solaris 2.6
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

Since everybody else that has tried this says it works fine,
can you put this script on the internet so that I can see
this happen?

works fine on RH Linux 7.  Can anybody with Solaris reproduce this?

I had first the bug with id 12024 and I have fixed it like described in the bug
report.
Now I can send mails, but the mail() function returns false altough the mail was sent.
I use the following script to test the mail() function.

<?php

            $mail_to = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]";
            $mail_subject = "PHP test mail() gesendet obwohl failed gemeldet.";
            $mail_body = " i hope that this mail() function works ! \n";
            $mail_body .= " this is supposed to come on the second line \n";
            $mail_body .= " and this on the third line \n";

            if (mail($mail_to, $mail_subject, $mail_body))
                    echo "Successfully sent the email \"$mail_subject\" to $mail_to
.";
            else echo "Failed to send the e-mail \"$mail_subject\"." ;
?>