On Thu, 19 Jul 2001 03:01:03 +0200, "jmmele" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> all the modules I compile are working but imap.so

I have found the same problem with PHP 4.0.6 - on two different Red Hat
Linux generations.

I know about all the "tricks" regarding --with-imap-ssl and
--with-imap-kerberos, but none of them helped. Neither did changing imap
version.

Now, I have found a hack which seems to work, for some strange reason:

Don't use --with-imap

Instead, after the rest of PHP has compiled, go to the php source-dir and
do:

gcc -fPIC -shared -DCOMPILE_DL_IMAP -DHAVE_IMAP \
  -I. -I./TSRM -I./main -I`/usr/include/apache -I./Zend \
  -I/usr/include/imap -I./ext/imap \
  `grep ^CPPFLAGS Zend/Makefile | cut -f2- -d=` -DHAVE_IMAP2000 \
  -DHAVE_IMAP_SSL ext/imap/php_imap.c -o modules/imap.so \
  -L.libs /usr/lib/c-client.a -lssl -lcrypto -lc

(Notice the _back_-ticks around the grep-expression.)

Note that there are no references to Kerberos. That's because I use a
version of imap-devel which doesn't have Kerberos bloat:
http://rpms.arvin.dk/imap-no_kerberos/

PS:
This php-imap problem did not exist in previous PHP versions.

--
Greetings from Troels Arvin, Copenhagen, Denmark