Hi,

> >Deprecate dl()? I think it's one of the most useful functions... :)
>
> How so?  I can understand that people get used to it, but it's really
> bad.  extensions should be loaded in the php.ini file.  There's really no
> good reason for using dl() over the php.ini method.

I agree with you when we are talking about using PHP in a webserver.
However, I am seeing more and more use of PHP as a generic scripting
language. In this situation, I think dl() is very useful...

Imagine a application written in PHP that has a 'special' extension. For
example, an extension to access a scanner. You don't want this loaded
everywhere, just in your scanner application, and certainly not in your
webserver.

In a few words:
For a webserver: ban dl()
For generic scripting: keep dl()