ID: 11761
Updated by: sniper
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Compile Failure
Operating System: HP-UX 11.00
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

Great. Anyway, this is _not_ a bug in PHP so please
submit further reports to the correct places.

(Either to autoconf or GCC bug systems :)

I'll try a newer version of GCC and see what happens...

I forgot to add this: I found couple of mentions
about this same problem. You could try with different
version of GCC.

--Jani

Reason for the HAVE_LOCALE_H to get set to 0 is this:

"In file included from /usr/include/locale.h:157,
 from configure:6318:
              /opt/gcc/lib/gcc-lib/hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00/2.95.3/include/stdio.h:30:
warning:
  `__va__list' redefined
/usr/include/locale.h:26: warning: this is the location of the previous definition"

Now, we could discuss whether it's a bug in autoconf or
in gcc (on HP-UX)..but I'd rather not. :)

Anyway, not a bug in PHP.

--Jani

I haven't tried this on another system, but it was freshly installed and patched at
the time I first encountered this problem. All associated software (gcc, flex, bison,
etc) was installed just prior to building PHP.

What's even more confusing is that the config.log shows that it FOUND
/usr/include/locale.h:

In file included from /usr/include/locale.h:157

So how is it that configure thinks locale.h can't be found?

I don't really have time to pursue the issue on another system at this time. Since I
was able to successfully build PHP by simply adding the #define to php_config.h, I
wasn't overly concerned.

I'm sure it's possible that the problem is compiler related - maybe nobody else has
used gcc 2.95.3 on HP-UX 11 to build PHP4, but I doubt it.

Are you sure your system isn't a bit broken here?
Nobody else has reported this problem but you.

--Jani

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=11761

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=11761&edit=1