ID: 13148
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: *Database Functions
Operating System: Windows NT 4 Server
PHP Version: 4.0.6

Hi,

I've been using ADODB with the default windows build of PHP v4.06 to retrieve data
from an Access database using ADO.

Everything worked fine under PHP 4.06 but when trying out 4.07RC1 no data is returned
only empty recordsets.  It still works for odbc databases just not for ADO and a few
others.

I reported this as a bug to John Lim at his ADODB bug report site but he said he
hasn't tested 4.07 yet and to report it here.

Here's a simple script that under PHP 4.06 works fine but no data is returned at all
under PHP 4.07RC1.

Note: It uses an access database set up with a system DSN called testDB and the
database has one table (Table1) with two fields in it.

<?php
include('tohtml.inc.php');
include('adodb.inc.php');

$szSQL = "SELECT * FROM Table1";

$objConn = &ADONewConnection('ado');
$objConn->Connect("testDB");
$objRS = $objConn->Execute($szSQL);

if (!$objRS->EOF)
        echo "got some data<BR>";
else
        echo "didn't get any data<BR>";

rs2html($objRS, 'border=2 cellpadding=3', array('Number','Test Text'));

// close the database connections
$objRS->Close();
$objConn->Close();

?>

Under PHP 4.06 you get: "got some data" and then the HTML table output from rs2html.

Under PHP 4.07RC1 you just get: "didn't get any data"