ID: 13220
Updated by: derick
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: MySQL related
Operating System: FreeBSD
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

Not a PHP bug, queries are executed in MySQL, and MySQL returns the results.

Derick

I'm honestly not sure if this is a PHP bug or a MySQL bug. I apologize if this is a
waste of time. Here's an example script:

$timenow = time();
$red = ($timenow-345600);

$ticket_query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM opentickets WHERE AskDate < $red");

This query returns all tickets where AskDate is earlier than the $red date, PLUS all
tickets above 1 billion on the time stamp! Ack! I have resolved this by removing the
single quotes from around '$red' in my query, so it reads:

$ticket_query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM opentickets WHERE AskDate < $red");

Just thought I would share this.