Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Feature/Change Request
Operating System: OS-X
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

Ok, it will be in 4.1.0 too

Derick

Hi,

I agree - OS-X users can't use it otherwise as there's no means of manually setting
that directory within configure that I could see. I'd think it would save you a whole
load of hassle to offload that sort of simple change as early as possible.

Regards,

John

Why not in 4.1.0?
You can consider this a bug: PHP doesn't work well without this fix. Although it's not
a bug in PHP, it is a bug in the configure-script, which is a part of the PHP-distro.

Fixed in CVS. Will be in 4.2.0.

Derick

ehh so where's the bug?

-Feature Request

Hi,

OS-X stores this in /Private/tmp/mysql.sock - the configure script just needs to
search that dir too. Any php script comes up with "can't find /tmp/mysql.sock"
(unsurprisingly).

I recompiled and reinstalled with that added in and it works fine now.

Thanks,

John