Jani Taskinen wrote:

> FYI: php.ini has this directive to set mysql.sock path:
>
> mysql.default_socket=/Private/tmp/mysql.sock
>
> ie. you don't set it in configure but in php.ini.
> And the fix committed now only affects the builtin mysql libs.
> If you're using external libs, they should know about the location.
>
> --Jani

I think I've read similar mail about pgsql. (I thought it was
feature request, but I couldn't find it...) The user is saying
pqsql's socket file is defualt to /tmp, but there is no way to set
socket directory to other places.

It's also configurable using environment PGHOST enviroment variable.

== from pgsql manual ==
PGHOST sets the default server name. If this begins with a slash,
it specifies Unix-domain communication rather than TCP/IP
communication; the value is the name of the directory in which the
socket file is stored (default "/tmp").

Environmnet variables can affect pgsql module behavior.
It would be nice if PHP Manual has description about it.

--
Yasuo Ohgaki