> > <script language="php">= $var; </script>
> Why not remove this utter crap at all? =)

BC!

> (I know about BC,

O.
:)

I never use the syntax, so I'm just going +1 for consistency and adding
<?php=
Then I will still not use it, but people who do use it now as <?= can then
go to the much better-looking <?php style tags

If we're going to remove anything, remove the asp-style tags! (does anybody
use them? (well, probably...))

Cheerio, Marc.