ID: 13831
Updated by: cnewbill
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Session related
Operating System: FreeBSD 4.2
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

Maybe you should appreciate the fact that this is a "free" service and if your time is
so valuable that you can't put in a percentage of what you get out then you are more
than welcome to pay for commercial support
http://www.zend.com/store/products/zendsupport.php.

Freeloaders,

Sigh

I am not paid to be your QA person.  You test in the latest CVS.  I don't even have
the latest CVS installed, nor would I take the time to install it at my cost.

The concise code example is already given in my original post.  It says that the
variable is not restored.  Put it in a session and see if it is restored.  Simply and
that is your job sniper, not mine.

Please appreciate the people who come here to spend their valuable time to help you by
reporting by a bug.  Or disrespect us by marking a bug as closed because we won't do
your job for you.

Sigh.

Please try the latest CVS snapshot from
http://snaps.php.net/ and if you can reproduce this with
it, add a complete but short example script into this report.

Further searching reveals this may be a duplicate or related to Bug id #12859.

Perhaps my example/explanation is more concise.

I did:

session_register( "SESSION" );

The following array element is not restored on session_start() of next page:

$HTTP_SESSION_VARS["SESSION"]["class_name"] = new ClassName();

Whereas any of the following are restored (each tested independently):

$SESSION["class_name"] = new ClassName();
$GLOBALS["SESSION"]["class_name"] = new ClassName();
$HTTP_SESSION_VARS["SESSION"] = new ClassName();

I also have a question which I have not tested.  Obviously this question affects
whether I can work around this bug with register_globals off.  When register_globals
is turned off, will $GLOBALS["SESSION"] still represent the same registed session
variable?  Or am I forced to use $HTTP_SESSION_VARS in that case?  The Sessions
documentation does not mention $GLOBALS and seems to imply strongly the latter where
it says:

Quoted from http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php:

"If track_vars is enabled and register_globals is disabled, only members of the global
associative array $HTTP_SESSION_VARS can be registered as session variables. The
restored session variables will only be available in the array $HTTP_SESSION_VARS."