ID: 13831
Updated by: cnewbill
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Session related
Operating System: FreeBSD 4.2
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

Yes, it is the way he and most of the people who volunteer their time goes about it.
The source is constantly changing and chances are pretty good if you've found a bug;
one of the millions of other PHP users has found it as well and it's already been
fixed or is known of.

So if you could take 10 minutes of your valuable time and perform a simple, concise
test, then we would know if it is indeed still present in the code.

It may not be the most efficient system, but it works better if everyone does what
they can.  If you're persistent on being anal about this, send me
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) your script(s) and I will test it myself.

-Chris

BTW, nothing is free.

Not even ignorance.

Who is freeloading?

I reported the bug already and gave a concise example.

Now sniper wants to mark it closed so he asked me to do more work, knowing if I don't
respond he will mark it closed.  I've seen his pattern in other bugs.

Seems like sniper is the active person here, so I assume he must be the QA guy in
charge here.  If he wants to find out if it was fixed in latest CVS, he should test
it, not order me to do more work.

I made a contribution by taking the time to make the concise bug report.  I don't need
the bug fixed.  I posted the bug to help out by giving a more concise example of a bug
posted by another person.

I was trying to help sniper test it more quickly.  He shows his appreciation by
ordering me to test it.

Sigh 2x

Maybe you should appreciate the fact that this is a "free" service and if your time is
so valuable that you can't put in a percentage of what you get out then you are more
than welcome to pay for commercial support
http://www.zend.com/store/products/zendsupport.php.

Freeloaders,

Sigh

I am not paid to be your QA person.  You test in the latest CVS.  I don't even have
the latest CVS installed, nor would I take the time to install it at my cost.

The concise code example is already given in my original post.  It says that the
variable is not restored.  Put it in a session and see if it is restored.  Simply and
that is your job sniper, not mine.

Please appreciate the people who come here to spend their valuable time to help you by
reporting by a bug.  Or disrespect us by marking a bug as closed because we won't do
your job for you.

Sigh.

Please try the latest CVS snapshot from
http://snaps.php.net/ and if you can reproduce this with
it, add a complete but short example script into this report.

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=13831

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=13831&edit=1