From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Debian Linux
PHP version:      4.0.6
PHP Bug Type:     Performance problem
Bug description:  Fatal whitespace at the end of the file.

I am not a PHP programmer, but rather have installed the HORDE PHP project.
 I often need to edit .php config files files.  It is easy to do, and Horde
works well, however sometimes emacs will add whitespace at the end of a php
file if I scroll too far. These often cause fatal errors like:

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /usr/share/horde/turba/config/sources.php:73) in
/usr/share/horde/turba/addobjectaction.php on line 35

Is it possible to simply trim () all php files before processing? These
whitespace errors are too darn hard to catch, and many people need to look
at php files, without necessarlily programming.

Thanks for your time!
--
Edit bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=14331&edit=1