ID: 14331
Updated by: mfischer
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Performance problem
Operating System: Debian Linux
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

Er, really, fix your editor, its broken.

Even if you can't imagine, there are certain cases where one wants whitespaces

Bogus.

I am not a PHP programmer, but rather have installed the HORDE PHP project.  I often
need to edit .php config files files.  It is easy to do, and Horde works well, however
sometimes emacs will add whitespace at the end of a php file if I scroll too far.
These often cause fatal errors like:

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at
/usr/share/horde/turba/config/sources.php:73) in
/usr/share/horde/turba/addobjectaction.php on line 35

Is it possible to simply trim () all php files before processing? These whitespace
errors are too darn hard to catch, and many people need to look at php files, without
necessarlily programming.

Thanks for your time!