Andrei Zmievski wrote:
> At the end we agreed that no default template solution would be
> bundled with PHP.

  Which makes sense, since PHP itself was conceived originally as a
  template engine, if I may quote Rasmus :-)

  I don't see the need for the 230420000th template solution in or for
  PHP, the future belongs to XML and XSL(T) anyhow. I'd love to see
  Smarty in PEAR, though, besides PHPLIB's Template class and IT[X].

  Just my 2 euro cents,
Sebastian

--
  Sebastian Bergmann