Updated by: yohgaki
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Session related
Operating System: FreeBSD 4.X
PHP Version: 4.0.6 and 4.10
New Comment:

File handler has some limitation.
I hope my note in manual page is not deleted ;)
(i.e. Please take a look at notes in PHP manual)

Thank you for the code sample and I'll try it for #bug #13078.

So, no verdict yet for this->bug#13173?

Thanks again.
---ends---

You are using PostgreSQL, try my session handlers can be found at Zend.com. If session
works as expected, it's your session handler's bug.

http://www.zend.com/codex.php?id=456&single=1

My customed sess_write stores stuff to PostgreSQL 7.1.x  I simply ported one I found
on the Net some which saved stuff my MySQL.

Anyhow, with the garbage collection problem (bug#13173) the problem is NOT with my
customed script because everything works fine with my handlers.  (OK, I had to set
"register_globals = on" as per my report in bug #13078, but at least it worked!)

The problem is with

   session.save_handler   = files

(as with the original problem description.)

As for error logs, yes, I have checked my httpd_error_log file and found nothing:(  In
fact, I have also set:

   error_log = syslog

too and nothing there either:(

TIA, for your patience and help.
---ends---

Looks like I don't know what I'm thinking.

Also have to check your httpd and php error log?
Is there anything interesting?

should be

Also have *you* check your httpd and php error logs?
Is there anything interesting?

What kind of user session handler you have?
You have reported Bug ID: 13078 also.
Don't paste script, but please explain a bit.

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=13173

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=13173&edit=1