ID: 8725
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Program Execution
Operating System: SCO Openserver 5.05
PHP Version: 4.0.4pl1
New Comment:

The workaround for the problem with "freeaddrinfo" and "getaddrinfo"  was
to undefine HAVE_GETADDRINFO in main/php_config.h.

The original problem with "putenv"  is still there in 4.1.0 compiled with the latest
to date apache 1.3.22  Sorry.

I can't tell because I can't compile it. Since  last time we spoke, I upgraded
to SCO OpenServer 5.06 and right now I can't compile even those versions of
PHP I used to compile without a problem under 5.05. The error I'm getting
is (after removing "-silent " from libtool):

gcc -I. -I/tmp/php-4.1.0/ -I/tmp/php-4.1.0/main -I/tmp/php-4.1.0 \
-I/tmp/php-4.1.0/Zend -I/tmp/php-4.1.0/ext/mysql/libmysql \
-I/tmp/php-4.1.0/ext/xml/expat -I/tmp/php-4.1.0/TSRM \
-g -O2 -o php stub.o  ./.libs/libphp4.a -ldl -lcrypt -lresolv -lm -lsocket

freeaddrinfo                        ./.libs/libphp4.a(network.o)
getaddrinfo                         ./.libs/libphp4.a(network.o)
php: fatal error: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to php
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

There is probably something in the environment of  SCO 5.06 (or my particular
environment) that  is causing it. I even tried the very latest gcc (3.0.3)
and gnu compiling tools to no avail. I'll get back to you if I can figure out
the problem.

Does this still happen with 4.1.0?

R.

Unfortunately, my SCO Unix machine isn't available for access from outside.

This apperas to be SCO specific so it's not very fixable.  Remarking as 'Open'.
[EMAIL PROTECTED], will it be possible to have a temporary account on your machine to
debug this?  Or does anybody else have access to this platform?

Marking as "fix-before-4.0.6"

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=8725

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=8725&edit=1