On Sun, 23 Dec 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >   I need to migrate latest mngosearch extension from php-4.2dev
> >   branch into php-4.1.x branch.
>
> Please do not MFH before discussing it, merging to the 4.1 branch is only
> needed for important bugfixes, and not for simply updating the extension.

Ok. Lets discuss it.

It is very pity that PHP-4.1.0 was released with old mnogosearch extension
module. It does not support a new mnogosearch-3.2.x branch. So i have
really many questions from users. They cannot compile php-4.1.0 with
mnogosearch-3.2.x.

So i want to update mnogosearch module to make sure that next
upcoming PHP release (4.1.1 ?) will come with updated extension.

Can i update it ?

> >   To do that i run:
> >   cvs update -r php_4_1_1
>
> the php_4_1_1 is the release tag, you should never touch those. The
> working branch is PHP_4_0_7.

Thank you.
I will try once more with this branch.

--