ID: 14797
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Scripting Engine problem
Operating System: Windows 98 SE
PHP Version: 4.1.0
New Comment:

Hello,

when   I   add  the  drive  letter  to  the  include  statement  (e.g.
'd:/foo/test.php'), then the inclusion works properly.

But then all scripts only run on a window machine or we have to change
every   script   before   uploading   it   to  our  "real"  webserver,
respectively.

Regards,

Martin

Hello,

whenever  I  add  the  drive  letter  (d:)  to the DocumentRoot of the
VirtualHost,  there  is  the same error as with PHP running as "Server
API CGI":

- It's possible to set the include-path in php.ini.

- Scripts without any include statement work well.

- include statements with a relative path work.

- include statements with an absolute path do not work, there is the
  following error:
  Failed opening '/foo/test.php' for inclusion

However,  it is now possible to start PHP with include-path in php.ini
set to a non-empty value.

But for me, it's very important to use include with an absolute path.

I  tried to put the file "test.php" into the folder "foo" on drive c:,
but  this  doesn't work properly too. I thought PHP is looking for the
file  on  the  wrong  disk,  but  this  seems to be not the underlying
problem.

Regards,

Martin

Martin,

Did my suggestion work for you?  Where you missing the drive letter?

-Garth