I thought ZE2 was going to have support for method overloading?

Marc Boeren wrote:
7BE0F4A5D7AED2119B7500A0C94C58AC17ABFF@DELLSERVER">
[fn(,,,,foo,,,,bar)]
    I agree on that. You really don't know which parameters it
was anymore.
You don't have this problem with hashes.
But I already see this thread won't get us anywhere :)

Well, I think everybody agrees that with hashes, functions are much easier
to use... but that it is very inefficient. How about finding a new way to
pass named parameters to a function?
Like
fn(foo2=$bar, foo=17);
where fn accepts five parameters, in any order, but with 1 default order so
you can use fn(17, $bar) as well (since foo, foo2 is the default order) (and
the remaining arguments (3) are set to their default values.

Cheerio, Marc.

--
Darrell Brogdon
http://darrell.brogdon.net

1024D/D7FB6981 3CB8 A14D 1662 8351 11F6 40C1 D205 2D97 D7FB 6981