ID: 5653
Updated by: lobbin
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Other web server
Operating System: Linux
PHP Version: 4.0.5
New Comment:

Can this be reproduced with the PHP 4.1.1, and perhaps the latest
roxen/pike?

There is small problem in Roxen's SAPI, which arises when duplicate
headers are sent out.
While playing with some PHP apps with Roxen, I found that regardless
how many cookies are
set in PHP code, only one is sent to the browser.

Investigation shows that Roxen's SAPI uses Pike's type "mapping" to
send
headers, which (of course) doesn't allow duplicate headers (in my case
"Set-Cookie") to be sent, i.e. only last one is sent, since subsequesnt
calls to
set header with the same name will replace previous.

Proposed solution: use array instead of mapping. It will require
changes in Roxen module
as well, of course, but this should not be difficult.

feedback -> open

OK here is the result...

Variable Value
PHP_SELF  =  /test.php
HTTP_COOKIE_VARS["cookie3"] = phprocks

if you don't believe you can try at www.delta7.de/test.php.
The real problem is in source-file src/sapi/roxen/roxen.c about line
298 (in ver 4.0.6 of PHP)...
this function (pike):
mapping_string_insert(REQUEST_DATA, ind, &mappie);
does not append headers of the same type (here cookies).
this means: old cookies are deleted and replaced with the last one you
set.

The Problen is _not_ on the side of the webserver. I found out (and may
proove) that the roxen-php-module will recieve more than only one
cookie.... if you like, i would make some php-scripts that will show
you...

this could be because your server is only sending one cookie to
browser

Try creating a script like the one below...
<?
setcookie ("cookie1","helloworld");
setcookie("cookie2","ilovetheworld");
setcookie("cookie3","phprocks");

phpinfo();
?>

go down to the section about the "HTTP Headers Information"
then go to the "HTTP Response Headers."  Either post this
information here, or give us the address to that page.

This is not a browser-specific bug. It's only pike-specifc (roxen) .

I spent some time to undaerstand the roxen-sapi-code, but at last I'm
not able to fix it.
This 'bug' is already mentioned in the README....
..sorry.

So this 'bug' should be listed in 'missing features' or 'todo's' but
not maybe not in 'bugs'

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=5653

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=5653&edit=1